In the same month when I’d started blogging, that is November, I was nominated by two amazing bloggers—Kaite from KatieTheHen and Leenay from LeenaysBlog—for the Leibster Award. But being the extremely forgetful person I am, it genuinely slipped my mind. When 2018 started, I sat down to plan my entire month of blogging, right from posts to goals, and that’s when my bulb lit and the sirens rang for something I was missing. A little pressure on the my ultra sensitive neurons and ta da!
Thank you so much to both the blogger for nominating me, it really means a lot. Katie has some amazing Wednesday Wisdom posts you would love to read and Leenay posts about everything from fashion to beauty. I love both their blogs so being nominated by them does make it special.
Without further adieu, let’s get to the rules:
- Answer the 11 questions that you’ve been asked.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers.
- Ask your nominees 11 questions.
- Let them know you nominated them.
After doing a little math, I concluded that 22 is a more appropriate number for this post, since I’ll be answering twenty two questions and nominating twenty two bloggers means more love being spread so what can go wrong, right?
Onward to Katie’s questions:
- What’s the best thing about blogging?
Knowing you can make a difference. I think, even though my blog is simply starting out and I’ve a long way to go, a right blog post at the right time with the right intentions can make all the difference. It can either heighten tension that needs fueling or calm down a topic that needs relaxing. Even if it’s a small change, it’s a huge step that an enthusiast can take.
- What’s the biggest lie you ever told?
Hmm, ahem. Am I supposed to speak the truth for this one? I mean, this entire universe is a lie, it’s all an illusion.
Have I been able to divert your attention from this question?
- What’s something you’ve never done and really want to do?
Walk down a red carpet. And I have this high level of stage-fright so this sounds like an almost impossible task for me, but I would love, if someday, I would get to (and if I would be able) to walk down a red carpet that’s exclusive to me.
- Optimist or pessimist?
Optimistic, all the way. I don’t find the light in the dark but I do make sure I see the light at the end of the darkness to keep going on.
- People or animals?
People. I know I know, who doesn’t like animals? I do, too, but I somehow prefer humans over animals.
- If your life was a song title what would it be?
I think Demi Lovato did a huge favor to me by releasing this because it fits me and my life perfectly: Sorry Not Sorry. Many a times, I’m not sorry for a lot of things I do, unless they’re extremely wrong, especially when I’m doing something I feel positive about. And equally amount of times, I don’t forgive people easily either so their apologies don’t mean genuine to me most of the times.
Yes, I’ll try being more of a forgive and forget kinda person, but I clearly am not one at the moment.
- What’s a post you’d love to have on your blog?
Why are confident, strong women often perceived as a rude, arrogant female? I really want to write something along this line but maybe now’s not the time.
- What’s the last TV show you binged watched?
Dark Matter. I binge watched the first two seasons and haven’t yet started season three but I really liked it so that’s gonna happen soon.
- What’s something you can’t live without?
Mom and Dad. I know, so typical! Haha, but seriously, though I can stay away from them for a few months, I don’t think a life without them is even imaginable. I’m their only child so I do see myself as someone who’s responsible to take care of them (and I want to take that responsibility), no matter what.
- If you were a hip hop artist what would your stage name be?
Chorri. Let me know if you want to know what that means.
- What’s the best thing that happened today?
Nothing much has happened today but I reached an 80% feedback ratio on Netgalley and earned a Top Reviewer badge on there, so I guess that’s cool!
- What do you want to achieve from your blog life?
Genuine relations. I think the best part about blogging is how I’m playing on the front foot. It all starts with me and am responsible for this little hub I created, and that means I can be friends with some amazing people, support other amazing people and genuinely like or be liked.
- Who was your main inspiration and why?
I won’t lie. I hadn’t read many blogs before starting my own. I would say circumstances made me a blogger and am happy with the way it all turned out.
- Hot Chocolate or Coffee?
Coffee. Specifically, cold.
- What is your personal favorite brand?
Dove. I think majority of my skincare routine includes its products and it suits my skin well, so why not?
- What is your current biggest dream?
To be admitted to a med school, and a high-ranked one at that.
- What is on your wishlist? (Christmas or Birthday?)
My birthday wishlist has a Kindle Paperwhite right at the top. I’ve heard so much about it and since I read a lot of digital books, this would be a wish come true. Other than that, maybe a little more happiness—you just can’t get enough of it.
- If you were given the opportunity to blog about a place that you love and were sent to for free where would you choose?
If you’re talking about a fictional place, Hogwarts would be it. If a real one, probably Canada, though I’m not sure if I’ll be able to survive the cold in either of them with my desert-ic adaptations.
- Do you like traveling?
Surprisingly, no. It stresses me a little bit more than I would like.
- What is one thing you never want to blog about?
Personal issues. No shame to those who do, they’re strong enough to be vocal about their real-life problems, but I’m a chicken when it comes to dealing with them in reality itself so posting them on Internet would only make the matters worse.
- The one essential you can’t leave without, apart from your phone and money?
Seriously, nothing. I’m a big phone addict so it does almost everything for me and money would help me around so nope, nothing else comes to mind. Though, a smile is essential, too.
- What is your favorite perfume?
Most perfumes make me allergic so I tend to avoid them. I’m more of a body mist kinda person and Cherry Blossom scented ones by Bath and Body Works is the best of them all.
That’s about it! I loved answering all of these so once again, thank you Katie and Leenay for asking them.
- As a blogger, what’s that one change you want to bring to this community or the world for that matter?
- If you had to choose between your phone and your laptop, which one would you prefer to keep blogging through?
- If bloggers, regardless of stats, had an annual Gala dinner, what would you wear to it?
- When it comes to your blog posts, are you more enthusiastic about words or pictures?
- Unfortunately, if some day your blog goes down, what’s that one social media handle that you would focus on solely?
- What’s the best compliment you’ve ever received as a blogger?
- If you’d the chance to enter an alternate dimension, would you want it to have an entirely tech-y world or a pre-historic one?
- Be a bird or fly a plane. What would you prefer?
- How much time do you take in writing a post and hitting the publish button?
- If you were a goalie and the love of your life (can be anyone, not just romantically) was on the opposite team, would you let him/her/them/ze goal?
- Supposedly there was an age limit to blogging, till when would you set yours?
Dani @TouchMySpineBookReviews because she’s an amazing, strong woman who I admire the most.
Evelina @AvalinahsBooks because she’s yet another amazing woman who I’ve a blogger crush on, if you can’t already tell.
Rachel @RachelPoli because she writes relatable and helpful writing-related posts and I love them.
Jasmine @MyQuietLittleCorner because I really like her book reviews.
Laura @NorthernPlunder because she’s a helpful blogger and her blog is amazing.
Hannah @LifeInAFishtank because she writes these honest beauty reviews that I admire the most.
Erin @MakeupByErin because I love all her posts and she’s such a sweet person, I can’t even.
Naadhira @LengenBooksdary because I love her blog as a whole and the gorgeous pictures she takes.
Linda @Linda’sLittleLibrary because she’s a total sweetheart and I love her bookish pictures.
Marta @TheCursedBooks because she writes these great book reviews that win my heart every single time.
Karen @KarenLovesToRead because she reviews fictional books and non-fictional ones and movies and wow, I don’t know what she doesn’t do.
Judith @ChainInteraction because she writes these simple yet helpful book reviews that I’m a fan of.
Lynn @Lynn’sBookReview because she’s a sweet blogger and an author and I simply like her.
Gayathri @ElgeeWrites because she’s a talented, super intelligent blogger and a fellow Dubai-an so duh, I love her.
Camilla @ReaderInTheAttic because her blog is super cute and I love all the graphics she has on it and she has a stunning bookstagram.
Ayla @BooksAndBabbles because she’s a super cute blogger who writes amazing posts and clicks amazing pictures for them.
Kristina @BooksAndDachshunds because she’s a sweet person and a fellow new blogger and I love her for the support she gives to others.
Beverly @BeverlyBeautyBook because she posts gorgeous make up looks and I love those.
Lia @LostInAStory because I admire her so much, she’s a true inspiration when it comes to book blogging.
Jill @JillJemmett because she’s a supportive blogger and her book reviews and her book blog is super cool.
Tiffany @ReadByTiffany because she’s yet another supportive blogger and her blog is so pretty, I absolutely adore it.
Flo @CherishingSecrets because she has some amazing positive posts that I feel good about.
Camillea @CamilleaReads because I love her blog and her posts are refreshingly different.
Simant @FlippingThroughThePages because her blog is so cute, I can’t even describe how much I love it.
Yeah, I know they are more than what I was intending but I can’t help it, I want them to be in the list so they are. Also, to all the nominees, if you’ve already been nominated in the past or have a personal policy of not accepting blogger awards, I’m extremely sorry and there’s no hardened rule to accept this if you don’t want to. Regardless, I love you all.
P.S. Sorry if I used a pronoun for your name that you don’t prefer. Let me know and I’ll change it happily!