May is already two days old and while I’m much more planned for this month, I can feel the time running. Anyway, I’ve been stalling writing my award posts or doing tags for a while but I’ve decided I’m going to catch up with them this month. So without further adieu, let’s get into this!
U N I Q U E B L O G G E R A W A R D
Before anything else, I would like thank Jen [jenslifeandstyle] for nominating me! Go check out her blog if you like all things lifestyle and money-related. As for what this award means, well, it’s quite self-explanatory but let’s add a definition to make it all look more professional.
▪ being the only one of its kind; unlike anything else.
▪ particularly remarkable, special, or unusual.
▪ belonging or connected to (one particular person, group, or place).
R U L E S
- Share the link of the blogger who has shown love to you by nominating you.
- Answer the questions.
- In the spirit of sharing love and solidarity with our blogging family, nominate people for the same award.
- Ask them 3 questions.
J E N ‘ S Q U E S T I O N S
What are you currently watching on your TV or what book are you currently reading?
I’m currently watching the second season of two of my most favourite shows: Legion and Westworld. If you’re a fan of either of these and you’re my friend, then you’re my best friend now.
As for what I’m currently reading, I think my Goodreads page can answer that best because I don’t know when someone would be reading this answer of mine.
What is one goal you have for 2018?
To take my blog to another level. This would sound super ambitious but I want to build a brand name. Blogging has become a really important part of my life and while I’ve focused on my social medias in the past few months, I see my blog suffering a bit. Though, that’s going to change. So yay! Won’t say much because I have a few things kept as a secret for a better reveal but one thing I can say is, I want to become more professional.
If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I love living in Dubai and haven’t gone around the world much so I don’t even know if I would love a place more than this. However, I do see myself living in the cold Canada at some point if I grow tired of 40 degree centigrade of temperatures. Plus, all the Canadians I know are super sweet so why not? If you’re from Canada and my friend, then you’re my best friend now.
M Y N O M I N A T I O N S
M A R T A @ T H E C U R S E D B O O K S
Marta’s blog and she herself is super unique and a perfect fit for this award. Right from her book review discussions to relatable and on-point tweets, her opinions and personality never misses to come across. In fact, she was the first ever blogger I featured on my Interview of the International series so that should speak volumes about my love for her blog.
A Y L A @ B O O K S A N D B A B B L E S
Ayla’s blog and Instagram are what I live for. Her reviews, her blog photos, and her bookstagram props are definitely unique and deserve all the love. She recently hit two years of blogging and that’s such a huge achievement to look up to, I’m extremely happy for you. I’ve always said this and I would continue saying it: she’s easily one of my inspirations.
E V E L I N A @ A V A L I NA H S B O O K S
Evelina is my go-to nomination because she’s my friend and friends are supposed to appreciate the other most of the time. But in all seriousness, Evelina’s blog is unique in a different way. She doesn’t give herself into hyped books nor does she go around recommending books simply because they’re hyped titles. She reads what she likes and recommends what she loves. She, as a person, is supportive and absolutely lovely which makes her unique too!
M Y Q U E S T I O N S
- If you had the chance to do one thing as a blogger that has never been done before, what would you do?
- If you had created a world, what would’ve been the most unique thing about it?
- If you opened a shop or a small business, what would you definitely sell?
TO ALL THE NOMINATIONS, I ABSOLUTELY UNDERSTAND IF YOU CAN’T POST ABOUT THIS AWARD. NO WORRIES!
O N E L O V E L Y B L O G A W A R D
First of all, thank you so much, Kristina [booksanddashcunds] for nominating me! Her blog has some great discussion posts as well as bookish tags so go check them out if you like all things bookish.
R U L E S
- Thank the person who nominated you for the award
- Share 7 facts or things about yourself
- Nominate bloggers that you admire and inform the nominees
F A C T S
- I used to impersonate my family members when I was little and they all used to laugh. But I continued impersonating kids my kindergarten classes and that caused me to lose a lot of my potential friends. That was probably the first socialising etiquette I learned: don’t do impressions of people you’ve met just a few days ago…especially not in front of them.
- I was a great drawing enthusiast till my teenage years hit me. In fact, I used to make birthday, greetings, and anniversary cards for my parents every year. Also, I used to sit next to them because I had to ask them spellings but they always acted like they were the most surprised humans while receiving the cards.
- The first ever money I earned was 50 Dhs. [$14] at around fifteen years. I worked at a beauty parlour to draw henna during the last week of Ramadan for Eid. That was the first time I learnt that the number of henna cones I used were deducted from my salary…and I used a lot because I didn’t even know that.
- I had a period of few years when I craved a sibling. During this period, I would always ask my parents to get me an older brother because that was the only type of sibling I wanted. I didn’t want anyone younger because I was scared of taking care of them but I wanted to be taken care of. Of course, that was utterly impossible so I’m an only child.
- I was always a shy kid, sitting at the back and not talking much. Then I became best friends with a girl who was completely opposite to me. She’s still my best friend and I think she did brought my true form to life, lol. True form: talking with extra doses of expressions and getting excited to tell everything to those I genuinely like. I became the real me at around 16 years of age.
- I missed out my prom for my cousin’s wedding. Big Indian family commitments. I don’t even talk to that cousin anymore because she’s too busy in her married life.
- I’m super awkward about handshakes and hugs.
M Y N O M I NA T I O N S
Marie [drizzleandhurricanebooks] | Lia [lostinastory] | Evelina [avalinahsbooks] | Simant [flippingthruthepages] | Vee [veereading] | Angela [booksofashygirl] | Kristen [metaphorsandmoonlight] | Shruti [thisislit] | Michelle [firstbooklove] | Sha [moonlightpages] | Tiffany [readbytiffany] |
NOMINATIONS, I’VE ADDED YOU BECAUSE I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT YOU AND YOU’RE LOVELY BLOGGERS, THOUGH IF YOU DON’T WANT TO DO THIS, NO WORRIES!
So that’s all for today! This post was super difficult to write as you would know from this tweet but it’s finally done so yay.