2019 is a year I’m trying to truly take up the adjective ‘eclectic’ so reading non-fiction books is a part of this. Which led me into searching for titles releasing in 2019 that will help me in this yearly goal of mine. So I decided to put these in a list for all the readers out there to easily pick up the ones they’re interested in!
1. THE HOLY SHIT MOMENT BY JAMES FELL
|| “Epiphany arrives like a lightening strike” || Motivational psychology || Go directly from intention to action
2. THE DARK FANTASTIC: RACE AND THE IMAGINATIONFROM HARRY POTTERTO THE HUNGER GAMES(POST-MILLENNIAL POP) BY EBONY ELIZABETH THOMAS
|| Reveals the diversity crisis || Explores race in popular youth fiction || Black feminism and Afrofuturism
3. THICK: AND OTHER ESSAYS BY TRESSIEMCMILLAN COTTOM
|| Thoughts on race, beauty, money and more || From the perspective of being thick || Feminist collection
4. SOMEDAY IS NOT A DAY IN THE WEEK BY SAM HORN
|| Practical lifehacks to get what you want || Motivational guide || Self-help
5. BRAVE FACE BY SHAUN DAVID HUTCHINSON
|| Autobiography, memoir || Depression rep || LGBT
6. YOU ARE ENOUGH BY JEN PETRO-ROY
|| Self-help || Real talk about Eating Disorders & Body Image || Mental Health
7. BURNOUT BY EMILY NAGOSKI & AMELIA NAGOSKI
|| Manage stress ||Empower women to thriveunder pressure and enjoy balanced lives || Science based evidence with humor
8. STAY SEXY & DON’T GET MURDERED BY KAREN KILGARIFF & GEORGIA HARDSTARK
|| True Crime stories || Self-advocate and value personal safety || Cultural & societal issues
As an Indian, despite being born and brought up in a country (UAE) where a wide range of nationalities live, I’ve always looked forward to seeing more characters like me–more characters who I can relate to, more character who represent people like me. So here are sixteen books with brown (South-Asian) characters in them!
2019 RELEASES TO MAKE YOUR TBR MORE SEXUALLY DIVERSE
2019 is going to be a great year in terms of more representation and this is exactly what the readers are excited about too! So if you’re on the search for adding some upcoming releases that have a LGBTQIA representation, help yourself and increase your ever growing TBR.
1. THE LOVE & LIES OF RUKHSANA ALI BY SABINA KHAN
|| F/F romance || Female POC protagonist || Bangladesh (South Asian) setting; Bengali character